|Name||:||Mansingh B. Pawaar|
|Date Of Birth||:||2nd August 1962|
|Qualification||:||B. Com., DBM|
- He has played an instrumental and pivotal role in successful implementation of Local Body Tax (LBT) in Aurangabad. The LBT was introduced in lieu of Octroi. Most of the Municipal corporations across Maharashtra witnessed a failure in implementation of LBT. However, the Aurangabad Model was successful due to the lead role played by him in building the consensus amongst the business community. It has been accepted as a role model for successful implementation in other Municipal Corporation across the State.
- Played a leading role in foundation of Marathwada Chamber of Trade & Commerce.
- Organized “Marathwada Vyapari Parishad” on a regional level at Aurangabad, in 1997 which laid to the foundation of Marathwada Chamber of Trade & Commerce. The attendance of over 20 thousand traders, was a major footmark of the event.
- Organized community gathering at Aurangabad in year 2003 & 2005 to promote communal harmony with the citizens of Aurangabad which was attended by over 50 thousand people.
- Organized “Kannad Mohatsav “at Kannad Taluka Dis. Aurangabad from 10 to 16 Nov, 2008 to promote social, cultural & sports activities in rural areas which was attended by over 2 lac peoples.
- Played a major role in organizing Port Conference “Gateway to India – Major and Non Major Ports of Maharashtra, organized by MACCIA in April 2010.
As President, Maharashtra Chamber of Commerce, Industry & Agriculture (MACCIA)Conferences
In tune with the Mission, Vision & Objectives Statements of MACCIA, Five Conferences were planned. The nature of premise for conducting the Conferences is explained below:
- To promote Leadership and to initiate Entrepreneur seeding
- Promote Trade and Industry in Maharashtra, Nationally & Internationally
- To facilitate progress in all sectors for sustainable prosperity
- In sync with the MACCIA Vision , Mission & Objectives
The list of important mega conferences successfully planned and completed in the Year are with their respective objectives and achievement are elucidate herewith:
|Sr. No.||Conference||Objective||Day, Date & Venue||Achievements|
|1.||Tourism Conclave||To promote Maharashtra’s Tourism Industry & Marathwada Region in particular and fostering the growth tourism industry||October 18-19,2010 at RamaInternational, Aurangabad||Aurangabad declared as Tourism Capital of the Maharashtra State, introduction of additional flights additional flight from Delhi to Mumbai, Rajasthan|
|2.||Three Solid Waste Management Conference||To steer up discussions amongst all the stakeholders and policymakers and also to provide platform to discuss waste management challenges, potential solutions and opportunities to address those challenges within the context of sustainable development||October, November & December 2010 at Mumbai, Aurangabad & Nashik||MCGM SWM Department made it mandatory for all citizens to separate their household waste according to its biodegradability from January 2011|
|3.||Global Maharashtra Conference & Trade Fair 2011||To Promote Tier II cities of Maharashtra State and to provide a platform for budding/first generation entrepreneurs to expand their MSMEs globally||January 5 toJanuary 9, 2011,Aurangabad||
More than 6 MOUs/JVs were signed, Three companies from Aurangabad have entered into an understanding in the presence of the Trade Minister of Tanzania to open up the manufacturing activities in Tanzania, Business Transactions over Rs. 100 Crores & order booking of worth Rs. 200 crores